Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Lexi 10 months

Still army crawling at 10 months!
Learned to pull herself up on things and quickly learned how to get up the stairs.  
But not down.  
Learned the joys of pulling things out of "things" and not putting them back in.
Learned how to use a straw.
Got to suck on the core of our family caramel apple.  She LOVED it!

Had her first cold with a fever and cough.  It was awful.
She was miserable and we still had to drag her around for the holidays.  
She was a good sport, and pretty content to be left alone in her carseat.  
Still getting up at night.  
Learning that our food is way better than hers.  Getting really good at eating just about anything.  

Funny story that happened on her 10 month birthday...
I got a crazy bad headache and went up to have a bath.  A few minutes into my relaxing time Jeramy comes bursting in carrying a soaking wet from head to toe Lexi.  He informs me that she reeks.  I inform him I'm sorry, but he's going to have to change it. 
I hear him go in the other room and then I hear a LOT of yelling.  
(And this is when I smile to myself that I'm in the tub and he's changing her).
I then hear the water running in the other bath and I hear through the wall
"You are a naughty little girl!"
When I finally get out, I hear the whole story.
(Keep in mind that at this point, she is smiling and waving and laughing and being pretty dang adorable).

When Jeramy went to change her, he quickly found out that what he thought was pee on her was actually diarrhea.  Bad diarrhea.  Like throw away the clothes and use a pack of wipes diarrhea.
He got her undressed, had Maddie get a bag for the clothes, had her throw them out on the front porch in the bag.  Then he cleaned her up and put her in the tub.  Then got her out and came back down to discover that my sweet Lexi had been army crawling all over the kitchen...with poop oozing from her.  There were...skid marks all over the floor.  I kid you not.  
That's where Jeramy drew the line.  (Not really, the line was already drawn...in poop).
I was called in to clean up the skid marks.  
I used half a container of Pine Sol on the floor.  I scrubbed it twice, until I could do an up close sniff test and not gag. 
I then followed the stench into my pantry where I discovered my brand new 12 pack of caffeine free pepsi.  It had been opened and all the cans were rolling around on the floor...covered with Lexi's...well, you know.  I should add that I never buy soda for me.  I had a moment of weakness earlier in the week and bought them and I have been looking forward to drinking each and every one.  
Not so much now. 
No, I didn't throw them away.  
I soaked them in clean Pine Sol water, then rinsed them off with scalding hot water.
(Remind me not to drink straight out of the can). 
I then brought the bag of clothes in from the porch - wondering why on earth the front porch seemed like a good dumping spot. 
I would have usually just thrown them away, but well, they have become my favorite outfit as of late.  
So I scrubbed and soaked them.  Then washed them.  Good as new.  
And we all survived.  
Many times throughout the night, Jeramy would look at her and say, "You are not my favorite right now!" 
And she'd wave and crinkle up her cute little nose and smile, because she knows we can never be mad at her.  
(Well, we can't stay mad at her).

1 comment:

Tarina said...

That just stinks(pun intended) At least you were lucky enough to get out of changing and bathing.