A few Saturdays ago, I took the girls to the museum for the scavenger hunt they had that day. Then on Monday we were going to go to Cornbelly's, but there was about 7 million people there, so Jeramy suggested we go do the Monday night activities at the museum. So we did. We didn't let the kids play at the erosion table and Macie was bummed, because, well, that's what a paleontologist would do. So I told her I would take her back later in the week. (On Monday we went to the farm). Tuesday we went to the dinosaur museum. Wednesday morning I got an email letting me know that Thursday was National Fossil day and they would have activities during the day for the kids AND the paleontologist would be out for people to talk to. Sigh. I knew I had to go back - yet again - for my daughter.
It was during the day so it was just Macie, Lexi and me that went. They had a scavenger hunt. I really missed Maddie and Lindsay being there to help! We didn't find everything we were supposed to. I was a little embarrassed. They then gave her a chips ahoy cookie and a toothpick and had her "excavate" her chocolate chips out of the cookie. She was in heaven. She was digging for fossils. Her smile was sooo big.
We then colored on a "claw" from a t-rex. And then we walked over to the paleontologist. He was talking with a lady that wouldn't leave him alone. So we waited. And waited. And waited. Finally we got our turn and he said, "I think I've seen you watch me work before" to Macie. She was so excited! Better than talking with Santa himself, I'm pretty sure. He told her about bones and I told him that she wants to be a paleontologist. He was super excited to hear that and I said she loves to do puzzles. He told her to keep doing puzzles because putting dinosaurs back together is like a great big puzzle. She couldn't stop smiling, which means I couldn't stop smiling.
Best afternoon ever.
(Can't get it to turn...)
She brought this picture home from school the other day and it made me so happy! Can you tell what she wants to be when she grows up? I can! I love that she's learning how to sound things out. I'm sure her teacher was at a loss, but her mom knew exactly what she was trying to spell.

No comments:
Post a Comment