Thursday, June 14, 2012

Macie is growing up, too.

Macie has been looking forward to the day that she got her kindergarten shots with excitement and dread.  She would check daily on the calendar to see how close the day was.  When the day finally arrived, she was super excited.  She asked if I would hold her when she got her shots, I said for sure!  She weighed in at a whopping 32 pounds and 41 inches tall.  She passed her eye exam and ear exam.  The doctor asked her what vegetables she liked and she quickly said, "Cucumbers!"  The doctor then said, "What about asparagus?"  She looked at me and I knew she had no clue what that was.  I said, "Um...I don't like asparagus, so I'm pretty sure she's never had it."  Bad mom.  But at least she said cucumbers, not fruit snacks! 
When it came time for her shots, she decided she wanted to lay on the crunchy paper table instead.  So I held her hands.  She was so brave, then I saw the terror sneak into her eyes, then the tears, then the sobs.  I hate seeing my kids hurt.  It took her a few minutes to calm down.  I told her we'd get a shake for the ride home.  She wanted strawberry.  When we got home, I noticed she hadn't eaten any.  When I asked why not, she said, "Mom, it has chunks."  So she didn't even get to enjoy her reward. 
But now she's good to go and anxiously awaiting kindergarten!

(And she also learned how to ride her bike without training wheels, too!).

No comments: