Sunday, June 10, 2012

City Creek...take 3

When City Creek opened back in April, I wanted to go see it super bad.  I used to manage the ZCMI center mall and Crossroads Mall stores, so I wanted to see the transformation of my malls.  We planned to go a few weeks after it opened, we were even going to leave Lexi with Grandma.  We dropped Lexi off, got in the van and Lindsay said, "I think I'm going to throw up."  So, we went back in and got Lexi and went home.  No puke. 
We planned another trip, and the weather was awful, so we didnt' go. 
Enter Memorial day weekend. We planned to go Saturday.  Bad weather. 
So, we planned to go Monday.  I knew something would spoil my trip, but we actually got to go!  Funny thing is, everyone else in Utah decided to go also.  It was PACKED!  We went in 2 whole stores, let the kids play in the water and decided to ride Trax down to the Gateway so Jeramy could go drool in the Apple store.  We waited for Trax.  And waited.  And then I read the sign that let me know that Trax doesn't run on Memorial Day.  Who knew?  Not me.  (And we really didn't wait that long.  Just long enough to look like the tourists who were clueless). 
I'm glad we went though.  I can't believe the transformation!  It was beautiful and we plan to go back.  Hopefully all of Utah won't be there next time we go!

No comments: