Saturday, April 14, 2012

April Fool's Day

I'll be the first to admit it, this year I haven't wanted to do all the "fun things" I usually do for holidays.  Before bed on March 31st, Lindsay reminded me that I needed to do something good for April Fool's Day. Sigh.  So I got on Pinterest and found some ideas...
Right after breakfast I said, "Since the oven is on, should we make some brownies?"  They all got really excited.
Then I passed out brown "e's"
They loved it.
Except for Macie, who never quite could wrap her little head around it.  But she laughed anyway.

It was General Conference weekend, so things were pretty laid back all day.  I kept telling the girls to get dressed and brush their teeth.  The finally got dressed, but I knew no one had brushed their teeth.  Want to know how I knew that?  I had put mustard in their toothpaste.
I probably told them to brush about 10 times.  Each time I told them to, Jeramy would just laugh, knowing what was waiting for them.  Finally, at bed time, I reminded them one last time to brush their teeth.  Lindsay came running down, "Um...something happened to our toothpaste."  I yelled "April Fools!"  Once again, I was the coolest mom ever.