Our first week at home flew by! My sister Cindy, her daughter Shelby and my other niece Savannah all flew in on Wednesday for my other niece's wedding on Friday. Good timing for seeing our adorable baby! They all were such good sports and took great care of my girls. I had put Cindy on my "emergency contact" info at school and so she was able to check the girls out and she took full advantage of checking them out. They thought that was pretty cool.
Friday was my sweet niece Rachel's wedding. We had many plans for what we were going to do that day (have the neighbor babysit Lexi, me stay home, Jer stay home, all of us stay home), and finally decided we would go to the temple and let my other nieces babysit ALL the girls. So, Lexi had her first babysitter at the Draper temple at one week old.
It was at the temple that I started feeling really not good. (My sister even made me take the elevator with the grandmas in wheelchairs). I was having sharp pains in my stomach and got the chills really bad. The night before I had gone to Wal mart and to a baptism with Maddie and I knew I had overdid it. I just assumed what I was feeling was from doing too much.
This is our first family picture. This would be when I had the chills and I look like I'm freezing. We left shortly after this and went to Taco Bell for lunch. We ate in the car and I made Jeramy park in the sun to try and warm me up. The chills were crazy! I had them all day, up until time for the reception, then I got the sweats. I still took the big girls to the reception, but don't ask me anything about it - I was in a daze.
And yet, I still thought I was just "recovering."
3 days later with 24 hour a day fever/chills, my mother insisted that I call the doctor. I finally caved and called and they immediately wanted me to come in and have some labs ran to check for an infection. The hospital is about 20 minutes away and my drive was pretty miserable. Hot and cold over and over. I got there on a "cold" swing. I shivered all the way in. They had to use a hot pack to get my blood flowing enough to draw it.
When I was done, I went and hung out at my moms for a while - she lives like 5 minutes from the hospital. About an hour after I left the hospital, I got a call and was told that my urine sample got mixed up and I needed to come back in. So mad. So I went back, this time I was sweating. (Probably because I was so mad!)
We found out the next day it was a bladder infection. Once I started the antibiotic I felt so much better! I still look back at those 4 days and can't believe I didn't call the doctor. They were way worse than my first 4 days after having her!
I had to add this last picture because it's my favorite one of the day. I just love these guys, especially little/big Max. He and Macie are going to be best buds! (This is my niece and her husband).
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment