Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 2...

Friday...
We decided to let the kids go to school because a) Maddie had a field trip b) Lindsay's spotlight.  We told Lindsay we could change her spotlight to Monday, but she insisted it be kept on Friday.  So, here's Jeramy's morning...
Maddie had to be an "early bird" and be on the bus by 7:30, not our usual 8:45.  He did fine there.  Then he had to get Lindsay ready for school.  Apparently, he did her ponytail "too high." And it was going to ruin her spotlight.  Such a drama queen.
He then had to shovel the driveway (for the first time all winter) with Macie.  She said, "Dad. do you know what a snowball fight is?"  And so they had a snowball fight.  At one point, she said, "Do you want a piece of me??"  While holding a shovel full of snow.  Love her.
Grandma Jean, Ashley and Carly all went down and did Lindsay's spotlight - which consists of reading a poster about Lindsay, reading her favorite book, and giving out a treat.  They must have done an all right job because she didn't complain about it.  I did, however, hear about the pony tail.
The Birth Certificate lady showed up bright and early and I had to tell her that we weren't sure.  She was not impressed and said she'd be back.  She came back maybe 2 hours later and Jeramy still wasn't there.  She was "firm" when she told me to get it filled out and ready for when she came Saturday morning.  Yikes!
And so Jeramy and I had to get serious about this name thing.  She was named in my head from pretty much the moment I knew she was a girl, but Jeramy wasn't so sure.  She was Lexie Jean to me.  But, I was up for negotiation.  I also liked Sarah, Morgan, or Kelsie.  Jeramy also like Abby.  We finally agreed on Lexie, but were torn between Lexie and Lexi AND if her name would just be Lexi or Alexis. We decided to sleep on it one more night.  I told Jeramy that if he wasn't there before the birth certificate lady came back, I was giving her my cell phone and HE would have to explain it to her.
We decided on Alexis, in case when she's older, she wants a more formal name, but we will probably never call her Alexis.  AND since we went with Alexis, Jeramy felt we could do Lexi without the "E."  I love the "E" since it's kind of our "thing" but I'm already over it.  (Maddie, Macie).
My family was great to take care of the big girls all day and pick them up from school and such.  Jeramy and I just stared at our sweet little girl all day.
My sister, Tracy, works at the hospital on the postpartum floor.  She was working Friday and it was fun to have her pop in and check on us (we both agreed that she shouldn't be my nurse...some things just shouldn't be shared between sisters).



We also enjoyed our "congratulations dinner" that night.  The hospital let us choose from the "good menu" and Jeramy and I both got to have a pretty amazing dinner.  If you ask Jeramy about my stay at the hospital, he'll tell you all about the steak dinner he got for all his hard work birthing Lexi.  It was fun to have a nice meal - just the 2 - well, 3 of us.  We even went for a romantic walk around the hospital after our dinner, pushing Lexi and totally lapping the other couple out for their romantic walk.

Maddie was a natural right from the start holding her baby sister.
Lindsay was a little more hesitant than we thought she'd be.  She LOVES babies, but she's had a hard time with our baby.
This is when we were getting her dressed.  Lexi was not impressed with her first outfit...and check out those socks!  They had those darn hospital bracelets of both of her legs and they were cutting her poor little feet, so I stuck socks on her.  

1 comment:

Janet said...

She's precious. I was laughing at your Alexis, Lexie, Lexi struggle. We did the same thing. Alexis for if she's ever like a Dr or something :) I use to spell our Lexie's name with just an "i" but last year she decided she wanted an "e" at the end.