We made out annual trip to Gardener Village with Grandma. This year we dragged Kerry and Katie along with us. Maddie was so excited to have another "mature" girl with her. I loved the witch in the first picture - she's on her "eye" phone. Macie was a beast all day and wouldn't get out of the stroller and wouldn't let Grandma push her. What a spoiled little baby...(not for long).
We also walked over to my old elementary school by way of the canal - which I was never allowed to do as a child - but now it's all right. Grandma's a softy for her grandkids. Once we got there, Grandma would call out a state and they'd see who could find it first, Maddie or Katie. If you remember from a post a few years back, I'm not that good with states, so we'd say, "Good job!" And hope we were right.
We also spent a day 4-wheeling in Thistle. Yup, Thistle. It was beautiful and the kids had a blast. My (28 year old) nephew found this perfect little campsite for us and I look forward to going back in the summer and playing in the creek. Maddie and Katie played in the water the whole time and cleared leaves from the creek. Macie and Lindsay played Polly Pockets in grandpa's trailer. I took each of the girls on a ride, Grandpa took them out, and Uncle Scott. After I took them out, they all said, "Mom, even Grandpa drives faster than you." Ouch.
The bottom-right picture in that collage is my dad way up on this rock. We all thought he was taking a nap, apparently he had gone exploring.
There wasn't a bathroom where we were, so us girls stayed until our bladders were full, then we decided it was time to head for home. At the last minute, I decided to stop at Spanish Fork Park and just use their nice, clean bathrooms (I'm not kidding, they're nice). I am so glad we stopped! We got stuck on the freeway for over an hour by Provo. It took us over 2 hours to get home, when it should have only taken 40 minutes. You have no idea how many times I thought, "I am so glad I don't have to pee right now" as we sat in traffic.
Then I even started thinking, "what would I do if I did have to pee."
That kept me busy.
Would I use my Maverick mug?
Bag of chips in the trunk?
Pan with rice krispies in it?
Would I dare just go on the side of the freeway and bare all?
Would I let my kid do that?
Who am I kidding, there isn't even a shoulder on the freeway to pull on to!
Can you imagine how freaked out my girls would be in any of the above listed situations?
What would you do???



1 comment:
That looks like so much fun! Your kids are so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment