Lindsay starts kindergarten in just a few days. We were sitting as a family talking about the things you need to know to go to kindergarten and one of the things you
used to need to know is how to tie your shoes. Macie went and found a book with ties in it and Jeramy jumped right in and started to walk Lindsay through it. She picked it up in seriously like 5 minutes. Genius child. (or maybe really good teacher...nah).
She was pretty excited! I was pretty happy, too. I was always amazed when I worked at Payless and kids that were going into 5th grade would come in and their parents would say, "They need velcro, they can't tie." I swore it would never be
my child. So far, so good. One more to teach!
She's packed that book around for a few days practicing. Way to go, Lindsay! Kindergarten, here we come!
2 comments:
That is such a cool book, where did you get it from?
Yeah, you have girls.
What is it with boys and shoelaces? (Although maybe it IS the teacher...) Our boys can tie their shoes of course but it takes FOR. EV. ER. Maybe it makes up for how fast it is to do their hair in the morning?
Way to go Lindsay!
Post a Comment