(I miss my camera. The picture is Lindsay and Macie in their class)
Swimming lessons in our town are pretty hard to get in to. Registration opens online at midnight on the chosen day. So, this good momma stayed up until midnight to register her kids. At just about midnight, the site changed and said "registration opens at 3 a.m." What the????? So I set my alarm for 3, fell asleep, turned off my alarm and slept until 4. Luckily I was able to still get all the girls in. Maddie warned me right from the start that she was not going to go to swimming. Jeramy threatened to sell the Wii if she complained. So...Day one.
"Mom, I don't have any goggles."
Tada! I had goggles!
Day two.
Maddie's swimming suit disappeared.
I made her wear her much too small one.
Day three.
Her swimsuit magically reappeared, but her ears hurt.
I took her to the doctor and he cleaned them out and said, "Sorry Maddie, but swimming is too important for you not to learn."
After that, she ran out of ideas.
And she actually looked like she was enjoying her class!
But if I asked, she would quickly let me know how much she hated it.
Macie and Lindsay LOVED it! They were in the same class and loved their teacher. Lindsay learned quite a lot, Macie still needs some work. On the last day, the teacher took Macie to the "kiddie pool" and just worked with her trying to get her to go down the slide. I have been trying to get her down that slide for years. The teacher didn't succeed, either.
I took them swimming a few days ago and they did great! Maddie was so brave and even had a smile on her face (but hated every minute of it). Lindsay practiced and practiced what she had learned. Macie clung to me and cried a lot. Especially when I tricked her and made her go down the slide without me holding her hand.
(funny side note. One August 9, 9 days into my phone billing cycle, I got a text that said one of our phones was at 65% of its' data for the month. I assumed it was Jeramy's phone. He assumed it was his phone. It was mine. We both said, "How on earth are you at 65% of your data?" Then it hit me, 30 minutes every day at the pool. Cruising the net. That's how).
No comments:
Post a Comment