Friday, August 5, 2011

The keys, who needs them?

Exactly 4 weeks ago, to the day, I lost my car keys. 
I had spent the day painting at my parent's house. 
I came home tired.
I know I drove home. 
I know I had keys.
The next day, my keys were no where to be found. 
I tore apart the house.  In couches, under couches, laundry baskets, kids' toy room, totally emptied my purse 2 times, you name it, I looked there. 
I did the "retrace your footsteps" thing and realized that I had taken the recycle can out to the road right after I had got home. 
I decided my keys must have somehow gone in the recycle can, never to be seen again. 
The end. 
For 4 weeks, I've used Jeramy's spare key, dreading going to the dealership to have a new key made. 
For 4 weeks, I've laid in bed at night freaking myself out about someone having my house key.
It's been quite the little joke around these parts.  The other night I could not find my glue gun anywhere.  After searching and searching, my darling husband says, "It's probably with your keys."
Ew. 
The day after that, Macie says to me, "Mom, I can't find my umbrella, it's probably with your keys."
Ew. 
Yesterday while at swimming lessons, I put something in my purse. 
Then, it disappeared before my eyes. 
I turned to my friend and said, "What the heck?" 
I looked into the front pocket of my purse and there was nothing in there.
I searched and searched and finally found a huge slit in the side of the seam.  I stuck my hand in, pulled out the item I had just put in there, then pulled out a pen, my missing lipstick, a pack of gum, and then I said, "I would just die if my keys were in here."
I kept digging and digging all sorts of missing treasures out....
and then, I found my keys!!!
I may have screamed in my utter joy. 
So, there was a split seam in my purse, everything had fallen under the liner, but still in the purse.  All the pressure of stuff pushing down on it is why I couldn't hear them jingling around. 
So, happy day. 
My keys are back.
AND, I found my glue gun today. 
It was in the polly pocket bucket.
Just where I left it.  (?)
(And Macie quickly pointed out that I need a new purse. Sweet, I get a new purse, too!)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Was Macie's umbrella in there too?