I had the cutest picture for this post, but since my trip to the zoo, my camera is missing. (I usually just take pictures with my phone these days, but I had thrown my camera in the treat bag in case I decided to use it. 3 days later I realized that my camera is gone. Not sure if I lost it, or if it was taken from my bag. Either way, I'm totally bummed).
At the beginning of the year the principal had told all the students that if they didn't miss any days of school, they would get $5.
This has been Maddie's goal all year.
And she achieved it.
Last week, she was walking home from the bus carrying a paper in her hand, smiling from ear to ear. As I watched her walk home, I knew that she had got her $5. I got the camera and met her at the door and got a picture of her holding her award and $5.
So, pretend you can see her holding her paper and money now.
I know some of you are thinking, "I can't believe you let her go to school sick. There's no way she wasn't ever sick."
Well, Maddie is the healthiest kid I have ever met. She was sick a few times, but always on a weekend. All 4 of us will be sick with something, but somehow Maddie lucks out and doesn't get it.
The day after the awards were given, I had to check Maddie out for a dentist appointment. The principal was in the office and when I said who I was checking out, she said, "Didn't she get an award for not missing school yesterday?" I told her yes. (Sweating bullets, what if she makes us give back the $5 because I'm checking her out). She then said, "Maddie's teacher called and wanted me to know that Maddie wasn't even tardy all year either. That is amazing! Most kids had tardies."
Go Maddie.
When we asked her what she was going to do with her $5, she told us that she's going to save it for college.
Gotta start somewhere.
Monday, June 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'll give Maddie $5 next year if you take the kids out of school for a week to go to Disneyland.
Oh, is that bad parenting? Shoot.
Yey, Maddie! That girl's got a mission on this planet and she's not going to let anyone get in her way!
So I figure the reason Maddie doesn't get sick has got to be because you were working at Payless cause I was with Preston and he as well Never gets sick if he does it also falls on a weekend. It must be all the germs we were exposed to while pregnant with them :) By the way I miss your face! When are we getting together? Ever?
Post a Comment