Saturday, June 4, 2011

The prophet said to plant a garden...

So that's what we did.  
In the rain.
And cold.
For FHE a few weeks ago.  
And when I say "we," I mean "I."
So, here's a tour of our massive family garden.  
 Macie planted carrots. Pretty sure all we have is weed sprouts, but she's excited that something is growing.  (Oh, and that's my shadow).
 I did a zucchini.  I love zucchini. 
 And my strawberries.  They look awesome this year! 
 Maddie planted pumpkin seeds.  She also mailed some to her Grandpa Kim and challenged him to a pumpkin growing contest.  He is currently winning.  :(
 And my front flower bed.  Let me just vent for a minute.  Last year I bought 3 daisy plants.  All the same size, color, shape, etc.  This year they started to grow...all differently.  The one on the left is seriously like 3 feet tall.  There's one in the middle that hasn't grown at all, and the one on the right is sickly looking and I'm annoyed.  I really wanted 3 pretty daisy plants that all looked the same. 
And our tomato experiment.  Jeramy is very picky about his tomatoes.  I made him go with me and pick out his own plant.  So, you'll notice each has it's own tag (did you like my crafty tags?).  Jeramy's is a beefsteak plant.  I also have a "super fantastic" plant, a "walmart dollar" plant, a "mostly dead" plant from IFA, and 2 other ones not pictured.  We'll see which one we like best.  My "almost dead" plant started out alive, but while it sat in my garage for 2 weeks, it died.  I planted it anyway, and it's coming around. 
Somehow I don't have a picture of Lindsay's peas, which as growing the best and she takes great care of them.
So, here's hoping something grows!

1 comment:

Adhis said...

I tried really, really hard to be helpful and spot a carrot sprout.