Sunday, June 12, 2011

Just like Christmas

Few stores make me happier than an office supply store.  I LOVE paper products, new pens and pencils and white out.  (Does white out even still exist in this modern day world of printers and spell-check?)  I could wander the aisle of Staples for hours.  I get a little giddy when Wal-Mart puts out their back to school supplies and I can get crayons and glue sticks for .25.  (First part of July, in case you want to mark your calendar like I do).
Last week, a fellow blogging buddy put up that she had a bunch of Expo markers she was looking to give away.   I immediately left a comment that I'd like some.  The next day there was a knock on the door and it was she - with a whole slew of Expo stuff.  I felt like Santa himself had just paid me a mid-year visit!  I don't think I had even shut the door before I was ripping into the box of markers.  The girls were pretty excited, too.  So, here's my Washable Expo Marker review...
1) they don't stink as bad as the original - I could probably take them to church without getting the whole congregation high.
2) The color isn't as great. Could be the florescent ones I got, not sure.  
3) My girls have all loved the little board, especially Macie.  She's taken it with her in the car, on the porch, and even to bed with her.  AND I don't have to worry about the markers ruining her clothes and bedding like the other ones would. 

3 comments:

Adhis said...

I agree. The fluorescent colors don't seem bold enough to me.

You aren't the only one who loves school supplies. When I got the big box of Expo supplies, I felt my inner kid come out and she totally wanted to roll in all those markers, erasers and boards.

Kristen said...

So it REALLY doesn't wipe off on their clothes? I was skeptical. Still am. Maybe if you tell me one more time for sure, I'll run out and buy some!

I like school supply shopping because I HAVE to buy everything on the list. It's the law or something. Fresh supplies make me happy. Cute post.

Janet said...

I'm right there with you on school supplies! I literally can NOT get enough :) One year for Christmas when we were in college and so poor, Ben bought me a small white board and some really colorful dry erase markers. It was probably the best gift I've ever received. I was so happy!