Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Through the eyes of a 3 year old

Macie has been obsessed with my camera lately. She'll get it out of my purse and say, "Mom, can I look at the pictures?" She knows how to turn it on and look at the pictures. Apparently, she figured out how to take pictures, also. Here's what I found on my camera today...
Can you guess what they are?

That would be Macie's special blanket.

And this...

Looking out my back door.
This next one took me a while...

It's an elephant foot on a music toy.
And this next one, I'll give you a hint, it's NOT an alligator...



It's my purse - up close and personal.
This next one should be easy...

My piano.
And this last one isn't one she took, I took it. I can't tell you how many times a day I find her right in this spot, coloring, cutting and gluing things together.
For FHE on Monday night, we talked about emergencies and re-stocked our 72 hour kits. I talked to the girls about why we would need a 72 hour kit, like the Herriman fire that happened last week. I think I kind of freaked Macie out by it. She kept interrupting me and saying, "Mom, if we had a horse, we could get away from the fire faster." And so on and so on. Tuesday morning, she sat on the couch looking out the window and said, "Mom, when is the fire going to start?" And I also found her shoving little things into her 72 hour kit all day...I figured I'd leave them in there for her to have some "comfort items" if we ever did need to use it.
She was in charge of the opening prayer for FHE and she kept saying, "Mom, when can I open the prayer?" Gosh, I love her!
When was the last time you updated your 72 hour kits?? It's that time of year again... GO DO IT!



1 comment:

Adhis said...

It totally is that time again to update the 72-hour kits. Dave hates doing it, and I've decided, I hate doing his, too. So, his is at least a year overdue now. I hope he likes licking bricks because I'm pretty sure that's what his granola bars now qualify as.

I will have to wait another week to switch out the foods in my kit as this is the week we potty train the 2-year-old. I may just need my 72-hour kit's comfort foods after all.