Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stupid dumb hate

Most of you know my Lindsay as the quiet, sweet, Mamma's girl. Not many get to see her true colors. She has quite the little temper on her, with quite the little potty mouth. Whenever she gets really mad, you'll get a "You're stupid dumb hate!" It's all the bad words she knows rolled into one mean insult. When she uses this one, you know you're in trouble. Last night she was outside riding her bike, Maddie got in her way somehow...she was like 20 feet away...and Lindsay fell. She got off her bike, balled up her fists, and yelled, "You're stupid dumb hate!" As her little body shook with rage, Jer and I couldn't help but giggle.

She really is the sweetest, most thoughtful kid I know, until you cross her. I recommend you always stay on her good side, and if you do happen to get a "stupid dumb hate," don't laugh at her, that will just make her cry.

The pictures are of Lindsay modeling her new Halloween skirt I made while Jer was working crazy hours. Macie won't even put hers on, and Maddie said I messed hers up. Can't win, can I? At least Lindsay loves hers.


I really do love my little Lindsay. Tomorrow is her 5th birthday! We had a family party today and she had a great time. Tonight, she couldn't sleep. I went up and laid with her and talked to her about her birthday and when she was born. She was just beaming!

She and Maddie had a rough day - they just couldn't seem to get along at all. I was so surprised when she told me as we were laying there, "Mom, I'm going to wait until Maddie gets home to watch my new movie and do crafts with her. She's so fun to do crafts with."

That's what having a sister is all about.

4 comments:

Tera said...

Heidi that makes me laugh about Lyndsays mean words but just to let ya know when Kallie gets mad its all the swear words she can think of Lyndsay sounds like a princess compared to my Kallie!!! And her Halloween skirt is the cutest good job!

Kristen said...

You're sewing up a storm! The skirt is REALLY cute.

Lindsay sounds a lot like me. Hard to cross but watch out when you do. I'm trying to work on that, but I'm turning into "Easy to cross so I never blow up, but I feel guilty all the time." Gee that's a huge improvement. Hey I'm not a finished product yet. We'll love Lindsay just the way she is.

NOW I realize why you didn't start Lindsay in school. I forgot that she was six weeks later than Zach. Definitely too soon. I bet she's fun to have at home. I don't like my kids leaving me!

Jess and Jen said...

Those skirts are so cute! I still can't picture sweet little Lindsay saying those words! Maybe she should come live with us for a while so I can get to know her better. :)

Kat said...

Ok, that is the cutest skirt ever! You are becoming quite the little sew mama! :) Great job!