Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bah humbug!


For those of you that haven't heard about our super great day yesterday, here ya go! I had the kids up and ready to run some errands, got in the car and the battery was dead...again. Another light left on. Our jumper cables won't reach when it's in the garage. So I called the Weeks for their charger that works, but it was with Jennica's sister. Bummer. So I came in and was surfing the net killing time and pulled up our bank account. I was totally shocked to see that we have been making purchases in California! About 650$ worth. What a mess! Jeramy had to come home from work so we could go to the bank, but all of us won't fit in the Civic, so we had to pawn Maddie of on our neighbor. Kerry met us at the bank and took the 2 little ones. The bank made me call Oakland CA Police and they were not so helpful. I was told to come home and file a complaint on the internet to get a case started. That turned out to be just a form to fill out and MAIL back in. I went back to the bank today and they decided that it wasn't worth waiting on the police report, so the went ahead and started the refund process. I'm so glad! But it will still be about 10 days before we get it back. Merry Christmas to us! We still have no idea how they got our debit info. We both had our cards, and are very cautious about who we give it out to on the internet. They had an actual card they were using.
Anyway, that was a really long story. I can't post without a picture though, so here's a picture that kind of sums up the day. Macie didn't enjoy her time at Kerry's and threw a royal fit, then I made Amy cut her hair anyway and that didn't go over very well at all with Macie. We had never seen her so upset! But to make Kerry feel better, she did it again today with me around the same time, too! I think she must have been super tired.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

That is horrible! I can't believe how dishonest people are! I'm glad your bank is working with you though! Good luck with all that!

Jenni said...

YIKES! What a day! I hope you guys are able to catch the person who did this w/ your account! This day in age its hard to trust anyone! I had someone do that w/ my account too, but it was only $100. I hope you guys are able to enjoy the holidays even though all this has happened! Family is whats important anyways!

OUR Coop said...

Wow that is scary! It sounds like your bank was good with you and all. But what a unwanted stress especially for the holiday's. Your girls are so cute! How is being a mom of 3 still good?