Monday, June 2, 2014

Look! McDonald's

I go out to lunch with my mom and sisters once a week.  Since Macie has been in school full-time this past year, we have been going to much better restaurants instead of McDonald's every week to keep her happy.  Up until a few weeks ago if you asked Lexi where she wanted to go to eat she would yell "Costa Vida!" And I was pretty proud of that. I was even bragging about it to my sisters.
Never brag.
A few days after that, Jeramy had a hankering for a Big Mac and we had coupons, so we all went to McDonald's.  There's a new one off 114th and it's pretty impressive.  The kids loved it.
And Lexi discovered that some restaurants have TOYS at them.  Her sisters helped her climb up and down.  She was thrilled with this new discovery.
The week after that I met Jeramy for lunch one day at the same McDonald's.  (Darn addictive secret sauce).  We pulled up and she said, "YAY!  Play on park here!"  And she quickly ran into the toy area and climbed up to the top by herself.  She was the only kid in the whole place, so Jeramy and I enjoyed a quiet lunch while she played by herself at the "park."  She even got a kids meal - which only added to the joys of a place to eat with a park inside it.  She got a Spider man toy.  We had to teach her who Spider man was. 
Now whenever Grandma asks her where she wants to go to lunch, Lexi yells, "McDonald's!  Spider man and park!"
And when we see a McDonald's while we are out driving around she is quick to say, "Look Mom, McDonald's!  Me eat there, please??" 
It gets better...
One day while I was at work, Jeramy took Lexi to Carl's Junior.  Now every dang time we drive past it (which is many times a day some days) She says, "Look!  Me eat there with my Dad!"  And then we drive a little further and she sees Costa Vida and says, "Look!  Me eat there with my mom!"  And then we drive past Maverick with the Redbox and she says, "Look!  Me get movie there for car."  There's so much to see when we leave our house now.
(AND...we eat out too much!)
I do love her little voice saying, "LOOK!"  It's so funny what she can remember.  She can find Jeramy's office from the freeway.  "LOOK!  Daddy's work!" 
When we pull into my mom's neighborhood, Lexi counts to 11.  At the same house.  Every time.  I have no idea why.  (And she always forgets 5). 
 And when we drive past Traverse Mountain she says, "Max go there."  Which is true.  Her friend Max lives up there. (This picture is of her and Max sharing a pizza at Jason's Deli). 
And I had to add this last picture because this is how our mornings go these days...This is us on my bed, watching Calliou with her using that squirt bottle to spray down everything is sight - including me - while she brushes my hair.  She loves Calliou, her squirt bottle, and her momma.  

No comments: