Is it just me, or is this month just flying by? I had every intention of having all my shopping done by now, but it's not. I was going to have neighbor gifts out by now, but they are not. I was going to have Christmas cards sent by now, but they are not. Sigh. Maybe next year will be the year I actually get everything done early.
Here's a few things that we have managed to do so far this month..
We had an awesome ward Christmas party this past week. My girls were all super excited to see Santa. They even waited patiently in line for quite a while (remember, we have over 200 kids in our ward). Macie surprised us and asked for a pony (?) I thought she wanted Polly Pockets. Lindsay wants a nurse Barbie that we haven't seen anywhere, but I have faith that Santa will find it. And Maddie wants a camera. Do your kids watch "Good Luck Charlie"? She wants to make a video diary for our baby.
Lindsay quickly let us know that she was pretty sure he wasn't the real Santa and gave us a long list of why she had her suspicions. That kid cracks me up.
We also went to Temple Square a few weeks back - before it got bitter cold. It was great. We didn't make it there last year, so it was all new to Macie and she was running around everywhere, bouncing off the walls with energy to see everything. She was totally fascinated by the horse and carriage rides. We even caught the tail end of a high school choir performance at the Assembly Hall and it took me back to my high school days. The girls loved it, which made me tear up a little. So excited for them to do things like be in the choir!
We also made our yearly gingerbread house. I have discovered the kit from Costco which actually makes the whole process almost enjoyable. Most years I want to rip my hair out before we are finished. This year I piped the frosting, they placed candy. Everyone was happy. Even Jeramy, who sat at the table with the iPad and watched us work.
So, here's hoping this week I get all things done on my list. And, here's hoping we make some more fantastic memories this week!
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
How fun! :)
Your gingerbread house might be ten times cuter than ours.
We scored a nice video camera for Jonathan on Amazon. $33! But you don't need to know that because Santa will take care of it for you. This was from us of course.
Puberty.
Oh, wait, that's a different post.
You are right. This month has gone by completely too fast. We have most everything done, but I am feeling a little sad that Christmas is almost over. I really want it to stay an extra month or two.
You are such a fun mom! I'm laughing about the pony :)
Post a Comment