My day was drawing to a close. It was 8:00 and we were driving home from the library. Macie asked if I would read her new books to her when we got home. I sighed and said, "Mommy is too tired to read tonight." Just then we got stopped at the light right by my favorite place to buy really good shakes.
Shakes large enough to feed a small country.
Shakes filled with enough calories to add a few pounds to my ever-growing body.
I wanted one. Bad. I needed one.
BUT
1) if I got one, I'd have to share with the kids.
2) then they'd be up even longer than necessary eating instead of sleeping
3) then I'd eat all those calories that I didn't need.
4) then I'd feel guilty.
Light changed. I went past. That's when I realized that I didn't need ice cream, I just needed a good cry.
Do you ever need a good cry?
Jeramy thinks that is the dumbest thing ever. "Why are you crying? It's not going to help anything?"
Ahh, but a good cry does help, right ladies?
As we pulled into the driveway, Maddie said to me, "Mom, give us our vitamins and then you go have a bath. I will get the girls ready for bed and read to them."
And she did.
And I did.
And I had my good cry. (Jer was at the church for bishopric, so he wasn't even home to tell me how stupid it is to cry for no reason).
Then I felt better.
I got out and went in and thanked Maddie.
She scratched my back.
That's when I had this thought, "This can't possibly be the same girl that stomped her feet at me this morning for not letting her wear her snow pants to school. The girl that said to me, "Fine. I'm just not going to get off the bus and I'm never coming home!" And I yelled back, FINE. Goodbye!"and shut the door."
Yet another taste of all the fun years ahead of me with 3 girls. The best friend/worst enemy moments. I can hardly wait.
8 comments:
Thank you for making me feel better. (Not because I'm glad you cried, but because I totally needed a good cry too, and I loved hearing how Maddie helped you, and how you yelled at her and she yelled at you and everyone survived.) And it was good.
I read your blog and think you are just too amazing! You are always doing some fun craft or taking on a project or just enjoying your girls. Yet your posts are so real to life as well. And yes lady it is completly normal to cry to just cry! I love your blog. I envy your life at times, and i love that we can see each other through our own eyes even if we never get together.
Amen to that! My husband doesn't get the whole crying thing either! And with three girls at our house too, I am sure there are going to many day like this one!!!!
Yes, crying is good. I'm trying to train myself to cry BEFORE I blow up at somebody, instead of AFTER. It's actually working. Wow, I'm 30, I should be so proud.
And right now I need to cry because it's not fair. It's not fair that my stinky boys have those episodes in the morning and DON'T make up for it later. They can be mean and cruel but not think anything of it. I'm just that one lady. Poo. I need a milkshake. (But lucky for me, I don't cope by eating. I clean. My house is very clean right now.)
Maybe if I cry fast, I will be done with it before Ben gets home.
ps - I didn't have to cry after all. I played with my Cricut instead. Life is good again.
Yes, some women need to just have a "stupid" good cry.
Just like some men just "need to be left alone" or "need to buy that game" or need to do some other "stupid" thing to release tension.
Maybe he'll understand it from that stand-point. Or you can tell him a stupid good cry is the alternative to a stupid chewing out of the spouse.
I hear that some women cry because they are pregnant?????
Have you had any other cravings lately? Pickles??????
Post a Comment