
Last week we went with Grandma Jean to Gardener Village to see the witches. This is a tradition we have done for many years. This year Maddie said, "But we do that every year. I don't want to go!" And I told her, "It's a tradition and you WILL go and you WILL like it." And she did.
They have a list available here of all the witches so the kids can go around and find them all. It's fun and it's free (as long as you don't get sucked into a shop and spend oodles of money).
These 3 are my favorite pictures of the day. I just love Macie teetering on the edge there - just waiting to fall in. (She didn't, thanks goodness).
This was when we got back to Grandma's. Macie was so funny jumping and singing on the tramp that I had to take some pictures. The last one on the right hand bottom is when she noticed me taking pictures she told me to "Stop it, Mom!"Speaking of Maddie growing up and not liking "baby" things anymore...a few weeks ago when we were driving to the cabin, I put an Elmo DVD on and she threw a royal fit about how Elmo was for babies and she hated it now and she wasn't going to watch it. I said that was fine, just read a book. About a half hour later when I looked in the rear view mirror, she was glued to the TV with the biggest (toothless) grin ever. I pointed it out to Jer and we both had a good giggle - then I said, "Maddie, you're not ENJOYING Elmo, are you??" She got very upset and said, "No Mom...my teeth just needed some air." Now that is some quick thinking!
3 comments:
Everyone's teeth could use a little more air.
I love the pictures!
That looks like lots of fun! When Todd and I have kids we will have to come and go with you guys! I just love Maddie she cracks me up, she acts just like a teenager!
Post a Comment