This past weekend was our Ward Campout! We went to an awesome camp site by Mapleton. Lindsay was not feeling well and I kept thinking as I was packing, "Why are we doing this??" I had read an article in the Ensign that morning about all the great memories children have from camping even though it's a lot of work and not fun for the parents. I think the Lord knew I needed to read that before this adventure!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Ward Campout
This past weekend was our Ward Campout! We went to an awesome camp site by Mapleton. Lindsay was not feeling well and I kept thinking as I was packing, "Why are we doing this??" I had read an article in the Ensign that morning about all the great memories children have from camping even though it's a lot of work and not fun for the parents. I think the Lord knew I needed to read that before this adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I really miss the ward campouts with that ward! Always such a great time. You're so right about it being a major pain to pull off with kids, but it sounds like it was a success in the end! :-)
Aww I wish our ward would to something like that. It was make us feel more welcome.
Awwww... I love camping and that does look like nice campsite!
We camped at home in our bed and still got less sleep than all y'all out in tents. Poo.
Sounds like it was an adventure. I like to camp but it's true you don't get much sleep and packing isn't much fun either. Cute prayer that Maddie gave.
That sounds like fun. We should have gone but our last camping experience didn't go so well :) I love the mountains just not staying overnight! You family pic is so cute.
Camping...
Ben says that he doesn't work 40+ hours a week so that he can pretend to be homeless for a night.
What happened to the guy I was dating who showed me all those pictures of camping with his buddies?!?!?! Maybe I made him boring.
But you just made me promise myself that we WILL go camping at least once this summer. Great pictures. I would've loved to be there, as always!
Hey Jeremy - Shenell Madsen (Clark) found you through Misty!!! GREAT family! Good to see pics of the classmates!!!!
I wish we could have gone. We were planning on going, but Gavin woke up that morning throwing up with the flu. That was not a fun weekend for us!! Looks like you guys have a fun time.
Post a Comment