Let me start by saying yes, I know I live in Utah County. We just don't go south much. I've been wanting to go to the BYU bookstore for those cute, cheap bags. So when Robin asked us to go to Orem to get some food storage stuff, I got excited. I got the girls all pumped about it, and we headed out. Emergency Essentials was out of what my sister needed. Bummer. I had to pick up the HOA newsletters also, so we did that. Then I started driving further south and realized I had no idea where BYU was, let alone how to find the Bookstore. I started calling people. Nephews, neighbors, anyone that could help. No one answered. I stumbled upon BYU, and finally had to ask someone walking down the street where the bookstore was. There was no where to park! I finally just parked in a permit spot. I waitied for the lightening bolt to strike me down and it didn't come, so I figured the Lord was all right with me doing it. Got all the kids out, in the stroller and hiked back to campus. There was hundreds on people milling around on campus and I was thinking to myself, "was I this dorky when I was in College??" I felt really old and really out of place. Then I realized it was EFY and they were just kids. Made me feel a little better, but I was still the only one pushing a double stroller around.
We found the bookstore and bought my bags. Yipee! Lindsay said she wanted to eat there, so they had Taco Bell out on the bench. They thought they were pretty cool stuff. Lindsay loved telling Jeramy that she ate at BYU.
Then I bribed them into going to the mall. I told them they could play on the slide there. Huh. The slide is gone. Whoops! So I bought them sunglasses instead and a new cup. Maddie was so funny with the sunglasses. It took her forever to pick some out. I kept thinking, if she's this bad at 5, 16 is going to be a nightmare!
Driving home I realized - gasp- I left Macie at the mall - JUST KIDDING! No, I realized how much I love being a Mom. (Don't you hate that feeling, looking back in the van, 'is everyone here?') It was a crazy day, my nerves were on end, but my kids were all troopers and it was fun. Fun to do something new. So fun to have these little people to be with 24/7 and see life through their eyes sometimes.
12 comments:
Way to go Heidi, Now try going up the the University of Utah Bookstore. You will find it will be a different experience all together. Oh and good luck with your daughter having an easier time making a decision when she gets older. The pictures and stories of your day was awesome
Ha! My heart lept when you said you left Macie at the mall! Sounds like such a fun day, I LOVE BYU! :)
P.S. I was also glad the end of your post didn't mention anything about a parking ticket. :)
That a great day. I hope that I got a bag too. (to make up for no chicken) Motherhood does seem to agree with you. I would never have thought my sister Heidi would be a bow queen, or even go in a fabric/craft store.
Love ya!!!!!!
Last year for Nick's birthday he wanted some new hats from the BYU bookstore so I took Jackson with me, went through the parking nightmare that you did (I actually waited for someone to leave their spot and took it, I'm not as brave as you are) and made the stroller trek through the building up to the bookstore. When we got there they were just locking the doors. Of all the stupid! It was devotional day so they were closed from 9:45 (right when we got there) until about 12:00. I never went there, so how would I possibly remember that they do that on Tuesdays? So we went to the mall to wait for them to open again and what do you know...the treehouse wasn't up then either. I thought the new one was supposed to be done by now. Anyway, your post brought back a bad memory (curse BYU, right? Go Aggies!!!)
You are the first documented case of getting away with a parking offense at BYU. Seriously. No ticket?!?! I really am happy for you, just surprised. I love the bookstore and miss it.
I used to ask Jonathan if Nicole was in the car and he'd laugh at me, so I've started asking him "What is Nicole doing?" Her seat is right behind me and I really can't see, and I don't want to imagine how it would be to leave her behind! It's good to know I'm not the only one. =o)
Russ, I DID go to the U, so I could find that bookstore. I'm sure they wouldn't have cute bags for 3.99 though. Thanks for the call tonight by the way. We were gone.
Hey for future reference The lds buisness college has those bags too. If you don't want to fight as big of crowds. I took my kids to that one and had the double stroller and preston walking too. I felt way out of place. But anyway the bags are there too. I have never been to the Byu bookstore I heard they have the largest selection but the one at Lds buisness college are way cute as well. Weber State has them but every time I go there they don't have any cute ones. Anyway FYI. I want to see pictures of the ones you got. If you remember I am a BAG NUT! Lol !
Hey about my foot! They say I have Plantar Fascitis something like that. I guess it is really popular with young mothers. When you are Pregnant the rush of hormones that relax the ligaments for child birth runs clear down to the feet and relaxes the tendons in your feet. Well mine especially in my right foot was relaxed and then it tore and attatched itself at the heel. If you don't get it fixed it can grow a heel spur. Well I was in so much pain when I would try to go walking my Knees where hurting because I was walking weird. So anyway you can fix it by letting the tendon heel and then doing some foot excersies and icing it at night. anyway I have a high tolerance of pain but this hurt. The doctor said I have really interesting feet and very Small feet. So hopefully this all helps.
I am with Maries, you got me going for a second! I am glad you four survived your adventures. I am sure the parking ticket guy saw all your car seats and decided to give you a break. :) I need to see your bags, I guess everyone else already in on them. I am a little slow!
Yeah! What are these bags?
Hey, I found yours too! You have a cute blog and cute little girls. We totally need to get together and play rockband, haven't tried that one yet!! We had a fun time with you guys last night. We will have to do it again!!
Post a Comment