Thursday, June 26, 2008

My girls


Just sitting here thinking of the funny things my kids did and said this week. Maddie has been doing chores for $$ the past few weeks. She's saving up for a bell for her bike. It's going to take a while with her cheap mom paying her 5 cents a job. So I had her put the laundry away, and she wanted her $ RIGHT THEN. I was still busy and told her I would get it when I went downstairs next and NOT to ask again. A few minutes later she gets behind me and whispers, "This is the Holy Ghost, don't forget to pay your daughter."

Sweet little Lindsay who is usually my somewhat calm and nice child said on Sunday to Maddie, "Lets punch her and run!" And I watched as she hit MACIE and knocked her over. I had to laugh about it as I was telling her that it was not o.k. to hit the baby. (Hit Maddie all you want though, she usually deserves it - just kidding!) She must have learned that one in nursery because Maddie wouldn't RUN after hitting. She just pretends she didn't do it.
And well, Macie can't talk, and this was a few weeks ago, but I saw the picture tonight and had a good laugh. She ATE a marker. She bit the tip off and SUCKED the juice out. What a mess...both days if you know what I mean. The girls both were there for that diaper and were quite impressed with the color.

14 comments:

Adhis said...

"Yuck!!" on the marker story.

Seeing as you refer to the INK as JUICE, I can understand why your child thinks Crayola is a refreshing drink.

Jennica said...

Oh my goodness, always full of adventure your girls! I love those stories, they really describe the girls funny ways...except for Lindsay...what is up with that? =)

Heidi said...

Adhis is right. Sometimes I even cut up paper and tell them its crackers. Sigh. I've got to do better! lol

Janet said...

Maddie is so cute. I love the Holy Ghost comment. She is so funny. The marker pic is great!

Jenni said...

LOL your girls are sooo cute! I had to laugh at the marker picture. Rem has yet to do that yet.

Kristen said...

Tell the truth... did you call the doctor?

Because either you didn't bother (GASP) or else you did and he convinced you that you were just paranoid (GASP). Honestly, is there ever a nice middle ground?

Of course maybe the marker said non-toxic. I wish they would label the alternative as TOXIC. Never seen it.

Heidi said...

Umm...nope. I didn't call the doctor. Didn't even think about it. I only allow myself one call to poison control a year and I already had to use that one on Lindsay.

Kristen said...

I don't know of any pink superheros but you could be the first.

I did make a bunch of RED capes for Jonathan's superman birthday last summer though. That's when this all started. I don't know if the cousins use theirs, but Jonathan and Zach still do!

OUR Coop said...

Your girls are so funny. Every time I read your blog I laugh. Maybe I am always tired but I think they are hialrious. Anyway. We need to get together again.

OUR Coop said...

Oh I was going to say also 5 cents yeah your cheap.Lol.

Jess and Jen said...

Loved the Lindsay story! It's always the quiet ones you need to worry about. When are we going to go camping?

Mandi Ward said...

All the stories about your girls were hilarious. Such cute girls.

OUR Coop said...

Hey that would be awesome. Let me know when you can go. Chad just goes to work from up there so we can go whenever!

OUR Coop said...

Yeah they sign safety waivers. THey are 100% responsible for any damage and injury costs. It is pretty risky but people love going.