Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


This Father's Day is going to be different for me. My Dad is in Virginia with my brother and his family. I guess we can share him just this once. :) I still wanted to share some things I love about my Dad like I did my Mom for Mother's Day. One for each year he's been my Dad.
1. I love that he snow blows 12 driveways, AND the church every time it snows.
2. I love that he honors the Priesthood and is always ready to give a blessing.
3. I love that he watches Law and Order faithfully everyday.
4. I love that he teaches institute at the jail and how excited he is to do it.
5. I love being with him when he runs into someone he knows - he never forgets anyone, and we can be anywhere - even across the country- and he'll know someone!
6. I love that he loves to teach and is so good with trouble teens/people. He has made such a difference in so many lives!
7. I love that he loves popcorn.
8. I love when he used to make french toast on Saturdays. (And save me a piece when I'd crawl out of bed at noon).
9. "We're all going to die!" I love what a good sport he was for YEARS and YEARS of Girls camp.
10. I love that he has more belts, shoes and watches than me.
11. I love that he is 69 years old and had to have a Wii.
12. I love the money rock - even if Russ gets it all.
13. I love all of his inventions and projects.
14. I love his wise and quiet ways. I'm learning now how amazing he is that he survived 5 girls and all the emotions that come with that.
15. I love how much he loves my mom and respects her.

16. I love that he is such a hard worker and in such good shape! This picture was when we did a Pioneer Trek when I was pregnant with Maddie. He was running circles around all the young guys!
17. I love his blog.
18. I love his stories from his childhood.
19. I love that he loves a "Good Mexican Joint."
20. I love that he took me to every county in Utah one summer.
21. I love how much he loves all of his grandchildren and would do anything for them. Even fly across the country twice in one month for graduations!
22. He's the best person ever at holding his tongue with all of his children and my mom. Never says too much.
23. I love all of his westerns. Nothing beats a good Louis Lamour tape when you're driving through every county in Utah!!
24. I love that he's not afraid to try new things.

25. I love that he keeps up on technology and gadgets and stuff.
26. I love that he watched all 4 seasons of LOST in less than a month, and claims he hated it, but yet he still was taping them every week.
27. I love the Hollow Earth.
28. I love that he goes to lunch with his best friend every week and they are gone for HOURS!
29. I love that he loves the outdoors and for all the time we have spent outside camping and traveling.
I love you, Dad! Thanks for all you do!

5 comments:

OUR Coop said...

Heidi I love that you post this. I loved your mom. I am sad to say I have a tough time thinkin of reasons I love my parents. Or anyone for that matter. you are awesome

Forsyth Family Fun said...

Heidi-
Once again I am having a moment!
you are right on every one! I still remember the air popcorn popper and the big black bucket he would fill for Sunday night.

Robin said...

Wow- how I miss my parents and their just across the country. It's werid how much I can miss them just being in Midvale for me to call. Happy Fathers Day Dad!!

Jennica said...

What a great man! No wonder we all love you so much...you come from some wonderful parents. =)

Kristen said...

Your Dad has a Wii?!?!?!?