Friday, January 18, 2008

Nothing to blog...


So, I've been trying to blog once a week, but today I haven't been able to come up with anything to write about! It's midnight and Macie took a power nap when she should have been down for the night, so it looks like we'll be up until 1 or 2. How can you be mad at the cutest baby ever rolling around on the floor sucking on a bracelet cooing and smiling up at you? We'll see if I feel like that in another hour or so.
So the only great thing I can think of to share is the tender mercy I received yesterday. I teach preschool once a month for 2 hours, and I LOVE it, but it's a challenge to say the least with Lindsay and Macie around. I was totally stressing about how I was going to get through it with them and was trying to decide if I should ditch them with the Weeks. I decided to try naps first. I put Macie down at 11:30 and Lindsay down at 12:30, which is not naptime for either of them, but they both fell asleep and stayed asleep through preschool! (From 1:30, until 3:30). I was so amazed! They NEVER sleep that long, or at the same time for that matter. It was to the point, that I felt like I needed to keep on checking to make sure they were breathing. What a huge blessing! Isn't it funny the little things that totally make your day?
Today's best moment would be my sweet little Lindsay at dinner saying, "Mom, I wike your chiwi beans!' It made my day! And should I admit how much I love her when she sings, "Shake your bootie!" (Still don't know which cousin taught her that one, no one is fessing up!). I try to act like it makes me mad, but inside I am dying! She loves to wear skirts, and she calls her favorite pink one her "shake my bootie skirt."
I guess that will have to do for tonight. No post is complete without a picture, so here's trip down memory lane...Maddie is 7 months old and it's moving day to our new house!

3 comments:

Russ Steele said...

Heidi, I have to admit it was I who taught your daughters the shake your bootie song. It has always been one of my favorites.

Kristen said...

I was going to write and say I couldn't believe how much Macie looks like Maddie did as a baby. Well gee, now I see why. (Forgive me, I haven't seen Macie in person since October!) But I remember Maddie looking like that and time certainly flies. We miss you! I wish I had a pink bootie skirt!

Jennica said...

Ditch your girls with us ANYTIME you need!