The past 6 months has flown by! I can't believe it's been that long since my surgery. I had my MRI last week and everything looked good and I don't have to go back to the Oncologist or the Surgeon for 6 months this time. Yay! I get to go to a Neurologist soon to have an EEG so I can start to wean off of the medication I've been on. Super excited about that, also! It'll be good to see if the things that have been different about me are from the medication or if it's just the new me. ;)
I feel good, other than the achy joint problem that I'm hoping goes away with getting off the meds. Bright lights and sounds aren't as bad anymore, but still bug me more than they used to. I'm trying to be more social and being around people, but I still prefer not to be around anyone. Still really irritable and have no tolerance for stupid people (especially stupid people with really loud kids).
Still haven't been able to lose any of the weight I gained (15 pounds). We joined the gym and I can't work out too long or my head gets tingly and I know I've done too much. Slow and steady and hopefully I'll start to see some results. (And I'm hoping once again, that maybe it's the medication keeping the pounds on).
I know we have been so blessed. I know things could be very different right now and I am so grateful that I'm functioning and feeling good!
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are very brave. It's okay to be gentle with yourself even if that means admitting people are annoying ;) wishing you a wonderful next six months.
Post a Comment