Thursday, October 25, 2007

Promises...

It is nice to have walls, BUT... we were told it would be done in 2 days tops. Now it's spreading to 4 days or longer. We're really going to push this guy to get it done Friday so I can paint. He was supposed to be here yesterday at 10, didn't get here until 1:30 after I called 3 times. He had to stop because it was too dark around 6 to work down there and said it won't be dry enough to work again until 2 today, then again on Friday. I think we were told just what we wanted to hear to get the job. Now things have changed.
I ran for the HOA (home owners association) board last night and won. I'm excited to be more involved in our community. Hopefully it won't be too much work. It should be 1 meeting a month and I will have to do a newsletter quarterly for our neighborhood. (218 homes). It's a 3 year term, I hope I survive!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Congrats you bussiness woman again.

Man Of Steele said...

I think you are right on the plaster board people.
Way to go on the community board thing. Only one ran for the position? My guess is you will learn a lot from this experience.

Heidi said...

Ha ha, Dad. Truth be told, 4 people ran, and there was 3 positions to fill, so my odds were pretty good.

Jennica said...

Yeah, for you! I am really proud of you for running and winning...you are such a grown-up Heidi. :) I look to you as an example of how I want to be (no pressure.)

...call me and I will come help you paint Monday morning and or afternoon! ... You know I have mad skills :)